Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Enchiladas
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 med jalapenos, seeded, deveined, finely chopped
• 1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
• 1½ cups dry farro, rinsed
• 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
(or diced tomatoes), no salt added
• 1 cup water
• 1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
• 2 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
• 2 tsp. ground coriander
• Sea salt (Himalayan) & ground black pepper
(to taste; optional)
• 1 cup shrd jack cheese (or cheddar or Mexican blend)
• 3 medium green onions, chopped
• ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
4. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
6. Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
7. Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.
*From Beachbody On Demand Blog*
Not familiar with the Beachbody on Demand or the Portion Fix Container System and how it will help you reach your goals?
To learn more about clean eating, fill out the form below and I’ll contact you!