This is the perfect summer salad to bring to the beach, BBQ or any gathering..big or small!
Best part is…..These are all ingredients I have on hand, either in my pantry or veggie garden.
What more could you ask for? It’s delicious, simple to make, clean and packed with protein!
- 1 ~ Pint of grape or cherry tomatoes. Fresh from the garden if possible!
- 1 ~ 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 3 ~ Cloves of fresh garlic, minced (Sliced thin if you’re brave!)
- 25 ~ Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare tomatoes and basil as directed above.
2. Rinse chick peas and add to bowl with tomatoes and basil.
3. Whisk together both vinegars, oils, honey and salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle over the chickpeas, basil, and tomatoes.
5. Gently mix and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
~ Add cooked rotini to this to make this a fantastic pasta salad.
~ Feel free to add more garlic!!!
Original recipe can be found at Frugal Eats.